Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

soft skin on portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: soft skin on portraits Reply with quote

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/smooth-skin/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, to be honest I don't see much difference between #1 and #2. Is that after and before?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Hmm, to be honest I don't see much difference between #1 and #2. Is that after and before?

Sorry, I did make it to confuse Embarassed both are same final result, difference is eyes.

#1 eyes got extra white color.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not much of a job with a subject like that. Practice on grannies! Laughing Btw, #1 is indeed an improvement -- eyes pop more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes first one looks better but whole image is a bit too soft for my liking not only skin whole of it. Maybe it was a thing to do a soft image with a glow like that for me a bit more contrast, clarity maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
yes first one looks better but whole image is a bit too soft for my liking not only skin whole of it. Maybe it was a thing to do a soft image with a glow like that for me a bit more contrast, clarity maybe?

I can see where you're coming from, having just looked at some of your portraits on Flickr. But to me it looks pretty sharp. Hard to say really with the image not being huge.

By the way, I just asked on Flickr what 105mm lens you used for a B&W portrait of a young lady entitled 'FroKnowsPhoto RAW Edit 74'.
I could wait for an answer there but thought I'd ask here too. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon EF24-105mm f/4 IS USM

Nothing wrong with the picture I like it but would go with something slightly sharper. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second one of the two, More pop in the eyes in the first one looks a bit too unnatural for me. Likewise the red wig! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
Canon EF24-105mm f/4 IS USM

Nothing wrong with the picture I like it but would go with something slightly sharper. Smile

Aha! A heathen like myself Laughing I have the same lens but haven't used it in many months, perhaps I should blow the dust off it one day....under darkness...wearing a balaclava...so no one here sees I'm using AF Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crop from softened image.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! Shocked That's seriously impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think softness on all image is suit well to soft only skin an left out other areas require more works , but possible. I got sharp back only eyes and lips. Brighter eyes are fashion photography process, looks not natural yes. On actual pic probably I like less lighter eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think softness on all image is suit well to soft only skin an left out other areas require more works , but possible. I got sharp back only eyes and lips. Brighter eyes are fashion photography process, looks not natural yes. On actual pic probably I like less lighter eyes.

I only noticed the eyes because there was another image to compare with, on it's own I'm not sure I would have picked up on the eyes. Unless I was actually studying the photo. At first I was just enjoying it. Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did look look long time ago for process , I did read several books and try to follow written instructions , but I did fail. This was first what did work to me Smile Many processed shoots take off skin structure and face look plastic , I would like to have skin structure in soft looking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only software I ever tried for this kind of thing was Imagenomic, I found it very difficult to leave a realistic look. That could be my fault for not learning to use the software properly, maybe others have more skill with it.
Anyway, your model surely doesn't need such trickery. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
The only software I ever tried for this kind of thing was Imagenomic, I found it very difficult to leave a realistic look. That could be my fault for not learning to use the software properly, maybe others have more skill with it.
Anyway, your model surely doesn't need such trickery. Wink

Thank you ! I did try also some software portrait professional what I bought , result was promising , but never fully okay, follow link in first post and try.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
100% crop from softened image.

Very impressive detail !!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Contax T* 100mm f3.5 one of the sharpest lens what I ever try, currently my standard lens, always with me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one to see method works properly, click on image to get hi-res.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My go on it probably went too far on a skin, hope you don't mind.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I open that one the white balance appears to change, she than has a yellowish hue. How does that happen? I'm using Chrome by the way, might have something to do with it. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use also chrome , thanks for hint! I like in this tone, certainly many other variants works too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Firefox, same effect: the images in the threads lose contrast and saturation, when you click on them, the contrast and saturation are back to normal. Must be some jpeg compression issue. Attila, is it possible to change the engine so that the images don't resize even when one changes font or window size?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using chrome and it seems fine