Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smallest 135mm - Fujita or Tamron?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raxar wrote:
… on the same mount you can get the tele-ennalyt 135mm f/3.5 which is about the same size and faster.

My 135mm f/3.5 Tele-Ennalyt is in M42 mount with 12 aperture blades … it's huge compared to the Tamron and a good deal heavier at 262gm.
I've also got a re-badged Tele-Ennalyt (badged Zodel, from Wallace Heaton) at 300gm. with only 9 blades, so they came in different configurations!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Mirrorless 50's are longer than slr ones because they need distance from the sensor. Modern 1.4 50's aren't made for compactness but for ultimate IQ and sharpness across the frame wide open.

I'd say mirrorless 50s are longer because DSLR lens designers are used to designing lenses like that. Leica apparently has no problem designing compact 50s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Leitz has to consider opical and mechanical limits in order to keep quality up. Their 90es and 135s were faster,heavier AND sharper than the Fujita-

Not much chance that current mirrorless will create smaller 135s since motors and eletronics will not fit in a small enough package AND people do not buy slow and fixed focus lenses. So the size competition can be closed

p-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Raxar wrote:
kypfer wrote:
blotafton wrote:
How about this one?
Roeschlein-Kreuznach 135mm Telenar f/5.6

Cute Smile
For the Braun Paxette, I believe … not going to adapt to my Pentax cameras, but could be useful on another system.

on the same mount you can get the tele-ennalyt 135mm f/3.5 which is about the same size and faster. but overall if size is that important i rather use my orestor 100mm f2.8 instead of any 135ish lens. its sharp enough to crop the hell out of the picture and get a narrower fov, and its adaptable to almost any system (even nikon) and it has a nicer bokeh imo.

That is 81mm and 260 grams. 100mm can't play in the category smallest 135mm

technically you are right but paxette version is very small by volume and i guess is smallest f/3.5 lens for a slr system. there is some kinda half height hood embedded that makes it taller but its heavy indeed.
i know the topic is not about practicality but from a practical point of view 100mm is fine for someone who wanna crop to get the desire fov. it makes no sense to have a sub-par (even compare to 100mm after the crop) lens with slower aperture and using that just becuz you want your lens have a beauty ring that have 135mm(or 13.5cm) marking Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Raxar wrote:
… on the same mount you can get the tele-ennalyt 135mm f/3.5 which is about the same size and faster.

My 135mm f/3.5 Tele-Ennalyt is in M42 mount with 12 aperture blades … it's huge compared to the Tamron and a good deal heavier at 262gm.
I've also got a re-badged Tele-Ennalyt (badged Zodel, from Wallace Heaton) at 300gm. with only 9 blades, so they came in different configurations!

yeah the m42 version is completely different. even the plastic version is i believe is a bit different. i'm talking about this one:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can´t keep up with your superlatives. The Mayfair Sankor is 89mm, and the Юпитер 11 some 97mm long.

But just to put this in the right perspective Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one looks very short:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a second copy of the Fujita lens yesterday badged as Wirgar, mounted on a Miranda C with an adapter. It needed a slight clean so I disassembled it. The lens is a triplet, and can be coaxed to display some bubble bokeh if you want it to. The resolution is reasonable, and cleans up a little more by F8. It's no world beater, but if you want a light telephoto lens for daylight work it might be ideal.

Pictured here next to a Spectra Duo-Focus lens, a rebadge of the Taisei Kogaku 135/4.5
You can see the Fujita lens is just that little bit smaller. The Tamron lens has a double helicoid and a preset aperture control, which the Fujita does not. Nicely finished too. The Fujita focuses slightly closer 5f instead of 6 for the Tamron design.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roeschlein is the smallest, but the Fujita is the smallest SLR lens. The twin Soligor come in as number two, slightly shorter than the Tamron.

Compared fully adapted to NEX