Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Mini Wide II disassembly?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Sigma Mini Wide II disassembly? Reply with quote

Hello everybody! New at this forum.

I have a Sigma Mini Wide II (Pentax mount with A setting). It has a slight bit of a "wobble" in the focus ring. It is smooth when you turn it but you can wiggle it back and forth a bit (towards and away from the camera house if you understand what I mean). I guess there is something that needs tightening in there.

Does anyone have any experience how to take this one a part and do you know what I need to tighten to fix this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sigma Mini Wide II disassembly? Reply with quote

LIJ wrote:
Hello everybody! New at this forum.

I have a Sigma Mini Wide II (Pentax mount with A setting). It has a slight bit of a "wobble" in the focus ring. It is smooth when you turn it but you can wiggle it back and forth a bit (towards and away from the camera house if you understand what I mean). I guess there is something that needs tightening in there.

Does anyone have any experience how to take this one a part and do you know what I need to tighten to fix this?

Just googled and found some infos on the bottom first link. I think someone here may serviced this lens too.
http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/008yn2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello LIJ. I have this very lens and have disassembled it in the past, for removing the "Ricoh pin" and cleaning some elements, I think. I don't remember the details, but I would begin by unscrewing the beauty frontal ring. You will need some friction tool for this. I suppose you will find some screws below the ring and hopefully the means to thigh the focus ring. The filter rim in mine is badly dented, so I cannot remove it any longer Sad . If you have no previous experience, I would leave it alone, or take it to a repair shop. Regards

Javier