Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma-Fisheye 16mm 2.8 for Contax/Yashica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Sigma-Fisheye 16mm 2.8 for Contax/Yashica Reply with quote

Hello,
Anyone knows abouth this lens? I am interesting in ordeing one cheap fisheye. Zenitar everybody knows, so maybe this lens is better, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think so cheap sigma is cheap sigma. Sigma lenses has mixed quality,cheap Japanese lenses are much worst than cheap Russians.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use this lens on FF 35mm film and it was very good in the centre, but edge performance was very bad and it isn't cheap. I have never tried on on digital but tend to believe the Zenitar is better and a lot cheaper. I am not a Sigma fan. I have owned and used a lot of them and find quality to be very inconsistant. I actually believe for what they are they are overpriced. I would look for a cheaper alternative or a dearer better option. However there comes a time when the Sigma is the only one that will do the job at the price. fortunatly at the moment I only have one Sigma to worry about the 400mm APO and that one too many. Unless the Sigma is being offered cheap (Under ?60) I would go with the Zenitar.

I should add that the Sigma 16mm is not a Fisheye. With a crop DSLR you will get a wider FOV with the Zenitar On FF you will get !80 degress fisheye