Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 28mm MW II Pin removal problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Sigma 28mm MW II Pin removal problem Reply with quote

I dear well maybe someone here can help or at least point me in the right direction.

On receiving a Sigma 28mm mini wide II I realized that it was the KPR version. Having just removed a pin from a Sirius KR lens I thought no problems I'll do the same with this one. So all too hastaly I set about doing it and indeed was successful in removing the pin. Big problem being that two small springs (straight wire bent in a loop type) came out and a bearing that must have something to do with the clicking of the apertures. I can get the idea of what the springs need to achieve but just cant see how they go.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this or have the lens and the know how to look point out where things sit.

Or am I doomed and have to take this one on the chin Crying or Very sad

Thank you in advance.

I can try and post pics later if that will help.

Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would appear that once out of panic mode I was able to come back to it and work out how it pieced together. Also a decent adjustable table light, a white tray and steady hands helped.

I found the very very small hole where the bearing did indeed sit on top of a spring, great care was needed for it not to move while placing things back together (small drop of grease would of made that bit easier).

As for the springs I needed to think outside of the box and then realized that one folded back on itself and and on both the arms needed to be the other side of the (thingys??) to apply the needed pressure.

So now its all back together and fully working. The 'A' mode works fine and all the apertures and half stops click into place well.

The pin was removed and the lens comes on and off the body (GX-20 in this case) and locks in place. Tomorrow I have a MZ5n arriving so will check its all fine on that body also.

Thank you for looking in and in the future if anyone needs some advice with that job let me know as it all seems too easy now its done.

Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you were able to sort things up. I removed the pin from my sigma several years ago, and don't remember any problem. I own 3 28 mm lens: sigma MW II, nikkor AFD (converted to M42) and a komine-made vivitar. The Sigma is the sharpest of the three, specially at wider apertures, and the contrast is much better than the vivitar and better also than the nikkor. I have used it many years in film cameras and now in my new k-x and it works very well. Enjoy.

Javier