Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 180mm macro, both of them
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Sigma 180mm macro, both of them Reply with quote

I would have been happy if i would have found one of the two Sigma APO 180mm macro lenses that where introduced around 1990. There was a 5.6-version and a 2.8. These lenses were not quite a commercial succes and because of that they are a little bit hard to find.

If someone told me that i would find both of them in one day....

First i found the 2.8-version at the fair in Doesburg. The looks of this lens are long gone by the disastrous Zen-coating. The inside still functions as it should.

Sigma APO 2.8/180mm by Ouwesok, on Flickr

Half an hour later, i found the 5.6-version. Outside is less damaged, optics are like new.

Sigma APO 5.6/180mm by Ouwesok, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that f/2.8 is a monster! Congratulations. Smile Looking forward to some new macro shots. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2.8 lens is great! I've seen your picture of it on flickr, looking forward to see some samples from it!