Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

See this...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: See this... Reply with quote

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091610samsyng35mm1p4.asp

The lens comes with two lenses made of the glass with high refraction factor, which reduces its weight and dimensions. Moreover, one aspherical lens minimizes the risk of chromatic aberration. Owing to the high-quality multi-layer coatings, our lens provides high contrast and faithful color imaging. Samyang 35 mm f/1.4 AS UMC uses the system of the so called “floating” lenses allowing to preserve high image quality with minimum focusing distance. (!!!!!!!)

Wat do?

Anybody knows the price? I've never owned a samyang lens before, but i know its superb quality! And to me looks as good as the nikon (maybe a little better) excepting for the coating.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article says price & release date due out at end of this month

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Samyang 35 mm F1.4 AS UMC was constructed to fit most popular reflexive cameras with small sensors

a crop lens, wasted money!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a crop lens? I thought it is for 35mm as well as it is in the table. If I am buying it, I will definitely NOT buy it in 4/3 mount.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Is it a crop lens? I thought it is for 35mm as well as it is in the table. If I am buying it, I will definitely NOT buy it in 4/3 mount.

must be a FF lens, the translation is not clear enough but 35mm is indeed in the table

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Samyang!!

There is no mention about that the lens was meant to be for APS-C sensors only.

They just wanna tell people to use this lens with no worry on other camera sensors such as APS-C, 4/3 etc.

I understand from that it's going to be fully functional on FF sensors.

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confusing...
Quote:

Samyang 35 mm F1.4 AS UMC was constructed to fit most popular reflexive cameras with small sensors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When attached to the small sensor camera, the lens will act as bright, wide-angle lens perfect for landscape and reporting shooting. The same lens mounted on the camera with APS-C sensor, will become a popular, multitask 50mm lens. In case of cameras with 3:4 system, Samyang 35 mm F1.4 AS UMC will turn into a short, bright portrait lens with 70mm focal length equivalent.

So it is a ff lens.

They're just trying to say it's not usable in this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilkka wrote:

So it is a ff lens.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An 8"x8" video capable sensor !

We will see the return of the view camera - as the VIDEO view camera !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilkka wrote:

For that sensor you need to get the matching pancake lens:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting a fast 35mm, cause its the closest i can get to a 50mm...