Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider tele xenar 135 3.5 rear element
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Schneider tele xenar 135 3.5 rear element Reply with quote

I purchase an "as is" version of this mostly because I thought the case was cool. Turns out I was right the case IS cool and in impeccable shape the lens however is in "not great" shape. It appears to have been wet at some point as all the steel have a little rust. there is some surface degradation of unknown origin. Diaphragm does not close and ITS MISSING THE REAR ELEMENT. Anybody got a copy of this for parts? I'd like to see if I could make it work, the rest of the glass is in pretty good shape and I love the looks of that era lenses. The "arches" of polished aluminum over the black knurled grips style is one of my faves. I think the isco westrogon of that era is one of the best looking lenses ever made. Anyway it was just a lark on the purchse and if I can come out with a user out of it I will definitely smile.

This is identical to the on I purchased ( though in much better shape!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schneider-Tele-Xenar-135mm-f3-5-Lens-for-Exakta-Cameras-/400795762825?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item5d514a0089

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you return it? The Tele-Xenar is a common lens (i have four) and in good shape it's one of the very best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Can you return it? The Tele-Xenar is a common lens (i have four) and in good shape it's one of the very best.

No it was sold "as-is" "Probably not functioning". I only paid 15 USD and the case is easily worth that so at this point I'll just keep it but I was hoping to learn some lens repair and turn a "pretty paperweight" into "functional art".