Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Kreuznach Radiogon 35mm f4 first shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Schneider Kreuznach Radiogon 35mm f4 first shots Reply with quote

I finally managed to snag one of these off the bay. A good looking copy in zebra livery. Here mounted on the a7rii via cheap Chinese adapter chosen for its zebra pattern.

Focused on fountain.

Infinity (tree in distance).

Close focus (1.2 ft or 0.35m)

Bokeh.

Balls.

Flower.

Clouds

Depth
It is a preset design with clicks to f22. I would give it a big thumbs up. Not really fast, but small. Solidly built with very good optics. All metal and glass. No obvious glaring flaws. Impressive German design, fit and finish from back in the days when that was how you attracted customers.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your lens.
You have excellent results in the flower shot and the balls.
The infinity shot , the tree in the distance, is ordinary. Was this also at widest aperture?
Some lenses have definite strengths and weaknesses, and it sometimes takes many images for us to discover where these lie.
Yours looks strong for close subjects but weak at longer focal distance.
Of course, you may have been shooting wide open for all shots??
Keep exploring the lens so you will learn where its strengths lie.
Then use them to take advantage of the lens' strengths
Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own one, it's quite nice, the optics and helicoid separate quite easily, at the rear you'll see a number of rings that you can use a spanner wrench on, loosen the correct one and they just pull apart. My copy would work its self loose after a few hours of constant use, I cold have cured it with a dab of blue loctite on the threads and cured before assembly, but never got around to it.