Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Kreuznach Edixa-Xenon 50mm F1.9 (M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Schneider Kreuznach Edixa-Xenon 50mm F1.9 (M42) Reply with quote

I won my first auction style e-bay listing. I did everything by the book: stressed for 5 days, set an alarm, and bid at the last seconds. I ended up being the only bidder on this beautiful set LOL.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=371098093577

Just picked it up already as it was only 5km's from where I live. Cool

After a quick read this lens seems to be available in Exakta and DKL mount as well.

Not yet sure if they are the same optically...

I already have a Rollei SL Xenon 50mm F1.8 as well.

This Edixa version is very beautiful. It has a transparent looking part between the aparture and the focus ring (see image 4 for a close up) and a hole to screw in the double edixa cable release to control the aperture (see image 5). It has an A/M switch as well and the aparture pin at the back is a little wheel thingie. Wink

These pictures are taken with a Helios 44M, the close ups with tubes added.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen,

Schneider lens are always a very good performers, as soon as you have some pics with it please post to the forum.
BTW, with which camera do you intend to use it?

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optically, this lens should be the same as the DKL version produced in the same period. It will be nice to compare this lens to the SL Xenon 1.8. From what I heard, the SL Xenon is better but I never have chance to compare them side by side.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase!
I bought the same lens and camera (although mine is a different model, D-L) a short time ago and I like the lens very much. The camera is very impressive too, but I haven't used it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a small oportunity to take the lens outside in between 2 rain clouds

I discovered something really cool while shooting, the red parts in the transparent area open and close like curtains when you change the aperture. That is so neat!!! Cool

@f1.9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen,

Very nice colors, as a middle to low contrast lens, it would be great to use it for portraits and still, due to its nice color rendering,
Send us more when you can,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, I'm really curious to see some more.
The lens itself is incredibly beautiful, i really love that series of schneiders: I have the 4/28 edixa curtagon, and it's by far my best looking lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent lens, one of Schneiders finest and in the same style as their cine lens series.

You got it at a good price, in this condition perhaps €120-150

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
...I discovered something really cool while shooting, the red parts in the transparent area open and close like curtains when you change the aperture. That is so neat!!! Cool

Of course the movement of the red parts indicate the depth of field, I agree, it's cute indeed!

BUT: The seller describes the Xenon lens as a Tessar Type, IMO it's a Gauss type lens.
So description of the item is not correct in his ebay offer. I suggest You to give it back and tell me contact adress of the seller, so can tell him some serious advice how to offer items in ebay Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! What a beautiful piece.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the images that I have seen taken by this lens indicate that it is a superior optic.
It would be great to see some more images taken by this lovely piece.
Please share them here.
Congratulations on your bargain
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent lens and great IQ ! congrats !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some more images from this evening Smile

the first four are f1.9, the others f5.6 or f8

These are shot with my nex 3N

For some more decent samples will have to wait for the weekend, I have a shooting day then, I might bring this lens for use on my new a6000 which is still in it's box since I bought it 2 weeks ago
Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just splendid.
This is one of the great lenses IMHO
OH