Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Xenar 1:2.8/50 Lens on Sony A7r3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Xenar 1:2.8/50 Lens on Sony A7r3 Reply with quote

This is a lens I purchased after reading about it here. I needed a 50mm manual focus for my A7r3.

I had to wait to test it, recent weeks being either rainy weather or sun with gusty winds. Today I managed to get shots of these subjects at several apertures before the weather worsened. F8 is the widest I tend to use and sunlight permitted ISO 200. These were all hand held.

I processed full-size TIFFs in my normal manner, saving the final images as 1024 JPEGs.

After processing, I cropped down from nearly 8,000 pixels wide to approximately 5000 pixels wide, as demonstrated by the first two images. I then saved these at 1024 wide.

The images are nothing special but I am pleased with the performance of the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 schneider xenars are good. IMHO every bit as good as the CZJ tessars. They are, of course, a tessar type lens. Easily obtained in DKL mount in 45mm 2.8 from the Retina Instamamatic Reflex for very low money. Your Edixa version (I'm assuming m42, and not the Edixa reflex bayonet) are not nearly as often seen. Other mounts I've seen are the AKA and of course Exakta. Probably others exist as well. Lots of folders have them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 smooth....