Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 1:4.5/105
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 1:4.5/105 Reply with quote

I was looking at my Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 1:4.5/105 lens and saw that there was a little clouding inside. I also saw the 3 little screws on the sides of the lens and thought, "oh, I can just unscrew these and see if I can clean the lens better". Hmmmm, what a mistake, at first the screws came out and I could put them back in but they just keep spinning. The other thing that is the problem is and I don't know how to say it, there is a metal ring above the f/stops (where the . is for the aperture indicator is) that drops down to cover the f/stop numbers. In short - the screws were holding this metal part up and did not move at all. The f/stop numbers move on the OTHER metal part to match up with the . above. The f/stop's still move left to right but they are now covered by this metal piece that is suppose to stay up with the screws in place but don't. There must be the perfect place to put the screws in. Hope this makes sense some how, any help out there would be much appreciated. Thanks Amy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the forum. By the way, do introduce yourself a bit in the Cafe site.

Perhaps you can take a photo of the lens and post it here so that it is easier to relate the issue? I am sure someone here in the forum will be able to give you some suggestion.