Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH CINEGON 1.8/10 C-MOUNT LENS (MOTORIZED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH CINEGON 1.8/10 C-MOUNT LENS (MOTORIZED) Reply with quote

I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago and i came here to the forum to learn a little bit more about it so i started asking some questions and a member here stated that this lens is basically worthless because you cannot control the aperture manually which to me makes all the sense in the world. I really cant argue with that.

Well i still do not have an idea of how much it could be worth but what i do know is that i managed to attach it to my Nikon S1 Mirrorless Camera with the proper C-Mount to NK1 Adapter and i took some pictures with it. I can focus to infinity without issues and this lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.2m.

Here is some info i manage to find online about this lens:

"The Schneider Cinegon f/1.8 is a 10 mm lens suitable for industrial monitoring applications, thanks to it high optical tolerance that is required in robotics, machine vision, and scientific research. With a focal length of 10 mm, the Schneider Cinegon f/1.8 can capture magnified images of any tiny object at a minimum focusing distance of 0.2 m. With an aperture range of f/1.8-16, this 10 mm lens lets you capture bright pictures even in low light conditions. Moreover, this Schneider lens is designed using ultra-low dispersion glass, reducing color aberrations"

This is the lens mounted on a Nikon S1

And here are the samples. No PP, just resized.

And on this image i literally touched the glass of the lens with my finger and took the picture.

Last edited by Yahvel on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad results. I feel like it would get pretty sharp if you could stop it down a bit. Still interesting and I wouldn't say worthless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
Not bad results. I feel like it would get pretty sharp if you could stop it down a bit. Still interesting and I wouldn't say worthless.

Thanks !!!, im doing some intense research and trying to see if their is a way to stop this lens down a bit, just a bit. I mean their has to be a way, at least i hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine if you open it up there would be, assuming that it even has blades. From the description of the lens, I would assume it would be rather sharp. I wish you best of luck-keep us updated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
I imagine if you open it up there would be, assuming that it even has blades. From the description of the lens, I would assume it would be rather sharp. I wish you best of luck-keep us updated.

i will.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you 'hotwire' the aperture from a small battery, maybe using a variable resistor?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Could you 'hotwire' the aperture from a small battery, maybe using a variable resistor?

I do not know how to do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With other automated iris Schneider lenses I have opend the housing and could operate the iris with some small screws. Not easily, I need a small screwdriver for this. But for closing the iris a bit it is ok. Many CCTV / Machine Vision lenses have only a few iris blades!

What kind of iris has this lens, DC or Video-Iris?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
With other automated iris Schneider lenses I have opend the housing and could operate the iris with some small screws. Not easily, I need a small screwdriver for this. But for closing the iris a bit it is ok. Many CCTV / Machine Vision lenses have only a few iris blades!

What kind of iris has this lens, DC or Video-Iris?

How do i know if its video or dc ?