Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schacht München Travenar 2.8/85 Praktina bayonet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Schacht München Travenar 2.8/85 Praktina bayonet Reply with quote

I got this lens a few weeks ago, it was bundeled with a Praktina IIa/Tessar combo. Ok, it was one more 85mm lens. Years ago I already got a CZJ 2.8/80 Bm from my father so there was no real need for one more around 80. Anyway I was glad after I made some pictures with the Schacht.

This lens is made in the mid 50s, alloy body and a sort of preset aperture which closes by spring manually. Unfortunately the mechanism is damaged so it is fully manual. The lens has 15 (or 16) aperture blades which make the bokeh highlights looking good.

The lens has avarage to good sharpness even at 2.8, colour rendering tends to the warmer side. Stopped down it is sharp.

I am not sure about lens construction but I think it is a Tessar.

The pictures I show below compare open aperture 2.8 and 8, last pictures show same set on film and shot by EOS 5D.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Willi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's pretty nice!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very beautiful lens, it also looks quite small for an 85mm lens.
the samples are very nice indeed, very beautiful colors, good sharpness and very pleasing and distinct bokeh.

I guess it having a Praktina Bayonett did not make too many members excited about this lens. Can it be used on any other camera than the Praktina?

oh..and, how did you make the clickable / enlargeable pics appear as they do? this is a very neat method of showing photos!

best regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willi has built a home-made Praktina-EOS-adapter, pretty unique but works fine. I had the chance to try it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
a very beautiful lens, it also looks quite small for an 85mm lens.
the samples are very nice indeed, very beautiful colors, good sharpness and very pleasing and distinct bokeh.

I guess it having a Praktina Bayonett did not make too many members excited about this lens. Can it be used on any other camera than the Praktina?

oh..and, how did you make the clickable / enlargeable pics appear as they do? this is a very neat method of showing photos!

best regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I wrote a short description of home made adaptor in this thread.

Yes the Travenar is very small - looks like a 50mm lens.

The clickable pictures are made quite simple: I use the website "abload.de" for sharing big pictures. The code for embedding pictures with preview is generated there for cope/paste.

willi