Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sankyo koki 105/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: sankyo koki 105/2 Reply with quote

In Argentine one store sells this lens (Komura?). I ask price (only to know, I think) and it's u$s 1.100.

Is he crazy? I think so. But what's the price adecuate?

Anybody knows? Lens quality, so so?

Thanks. Rino.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny price even if lens is very rare, Komura brand respect on same level than Hoya , Hanimex etc their products selling next to nothing. I estimate max 50 USD for this lens as real market value.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pretty funny price even if lens is very rare, Komura brand respect on same level than Hoya , Hanimex etc their products selling next to nothing. I estimate max 50 USD for this lens as real market value.

Yes, of course. I though the same. Thanks.

Here the the crazy people are: a) in the hospital and b) in the stores of photographic lenses. Shocked

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura was interesting - they were a very small and very independent company, they never sold under other brands, just their own.

They had a good business also making medium-format lenses.

And the range of cameras they supported was also strange. For some years they had in the same catalog lenses for screw-mount rangefinders AND auto-exposure SLR's.

The build quality is excellent, except for the last few years. Attila doesn't think much of the optical quality, but my Komuras are OK to excellent. The 400/6.3 is really worth looking for.

Some Komura lenses get high prices, but even for that one I think $1,000 is way too much. It would probably get $200-300 on ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Komura experience with 200mm and 135mm they have very nice color rendering, Luis has very right , they worth to looking for.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/komura/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUIS, Thanks. Very informative.
I agree with the price question.

ATTILA. Thank you, one more time.

I saw your pics. Are lot of beauties there. Thanks for these too.

Regards for both. Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

400mm f6.3 made by Luis those are real beauties.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious, it is not rare. We can expect this.

Rino.