Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 8mm F3.5 MC Fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Samyang 8mm F3.5 MC Fisheye Reply with quote

I made a little tracking+canoeing tour through Sweden (Darlsand) as one of 4 chaperons with a group of 24 14-16 years old teenies.

And when I had time I also made some pics Smile

The near-midsommer light is great in scandinavia. Shot taken 12 julie @ about 9 o' clock in the evening. No PP!

All are made at F8 and [b]without any PP[/b
Camera was Sony Alpha 550. All shots are straight JPGs and made with fully manual exposure (Samyang 8mm isn't chipped and has no AF).

And here are shots with the lens on NEX-3 wide open. Poorly my adapter is not made precisely enough for this lens which has a bad influence on the IQ.

I think all F5.6 , about 22-23:00 o'clock

Comments are requested.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots, Samyang seems to be a good lens! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia wrote:
Very nice shots, Samyang seems to be a good lens! Very Happy

Thanks.
Yes it's indeed a good lens. It's sharp when it's stopped down to at least F5.6. As you can see in the pics flare control is very good (except on blueish or purple light). At F8 is everything sharp, from ~1m to infinity - the fastest AF in the world Wink. Colors are good. It has a little sometimes bothersome purple fringing, but I guess it's still very good for such a tiny focal length. I also like the build. Distortion is extreme, but that's not a bug, it's a feature.
With such a focal length handheld shots up to 1/13s are no problem.
I'm loving it.

The Samyang is also sold relabeled as Rokinon, Polar, Vivitar, Falcon, Opteka and Wallimex. My one is the labaled as Wallimex bye the way Smile

Last edited by ForenSeil on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful place ! .. and how well presented! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series !
Great light !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos, lovely lens Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots 1 and 6 are so vibrant, the color captured in these two shots are very pleasing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very nice. Lovely light in the first. But I like the third the best.