Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor T 135mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Rokkor T 135mm f4 Reply with quote

Does anybody have some experience with this lens ?
It is not so famous as other triplets. Is there a reason?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one - I'll try to look out some pictures when I get home and post them here . . .

It's reputation in the UK was probably shaped by it's being given away free with various Minolta slrs in the 1960s - the 'if it's free it can't be worth much' syndrome. And it was pre-set when almost everything then had auto iris. No rave reviews back then, and very little about it now. It doesn't have hysterical 'bokeh' that the 100mm Trioplan can turn out but it's certainly able to make pleasing images.

I think it's a nice lens - light to carry, quite easy to focus. And still inexpensive to buy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first extra SLR lens (in bellows model) and I like and use the lens still now, also on digital.
Good lens, certainly!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokkor-T or Rokkor-TC?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question.
I did not notice it, it is actually a TC that I could buy.
What is the difference ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no difference, TC is the only one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the other pictures I took earlier this year so I shot some new ones when I went for a walk with the dog when I got home from work. The lens is clean, no haze or scratches.

All on Lumix G1 set to JPEGs, 'Vibrant' and ISO400.

#1 This one at f4, resizedJPEG from camera:

#2 Also f4, a little lift to exposure and contrast - the original was underexposed

#3 Same as #2, very heavy shade

#4 Then the sun came out . . . f4 again. I think this lens might just 'bubble' very nicely with a suitable subject

#5 It may not be a Trioplan but it certainly be nearly as 'moody'. given the right circumstances. This is cropped. It's not as hysterical as the Trioplan but it's certainly getting interesting . . .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you . It is very nice from you. This lens seems interesting with a bokeh not excessively drawing the attention.