Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor-PF 45mm f/1.7 RF lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Rokkor-PF 45mm f/1.7 RF lens Reply with quote

Howdy mf'ers! (that greeting has a nice ring to it doesn't it Cool)

This is an ongoing story about adapting a 45/1.7 Rokkor lens.

It all started when I knowingly bought a defective Minolta Hi-matic 9 for a few $. The idea from the start was to remove the lens and adapt it to something, but more on that later. The shutter was almost completely stuck, just a tiny bit of movement when cocking and firing. So, no other option than surgery.

It came apart with no issues. I sprayed some lighter fluid on the blades and gave them a little tap with a screwdriver and they opened right up. Instead of going all the way and remove the shutter I took the easy route and stuck it in T position fully open. Witch I hope won't bring any problems later on Smile

Here are a few samples. The sharpness in the macro region is incredible. And that brings me back to another issue. I have an eos 40D which means this lens will only be doing macro until I get one of those fancy mirrorless cameras. Anyway here it is:

From a knife making project, you are looking at a piece of wood.

Crop, grinding marks.

blade

crop

It would be a pleasure to take it out for real some time and put it through its paces. It was thanks to this or some other site where others displayed similar projects that made me want to try, and hopefully it will be fully completed one day!

I hope you find this post fun, interesting or whatever Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure !
That's interesting and this combo looks fine. Smile

Thanks a lot for posting.
It's very sharp and has a nice bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fellow seems to do a very nice job of converting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281394937372 I wonder if he is one of us. However, when you get to prices like that, there are many other possible choices among top lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Sure !
That's interesting and this combo looks fine. Smile

Thanks a lot for posting.
It's very sharp and has a nice bokeh.

Imagine putting it on an a7r!
I'm glad you like it Smile

woodrim wrote:
This fellow seems to do a very nice job of converting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281394937372 I wonder if he is one of us. However, when you get to prices like that, there are many other possible choices among top lenses.

Those conversions look nice indeed! I'll convert mine myself as soon as I get a new camera. Now I know what to charge for it if I get bored of it Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very interesting on the A7, but for that price!?
You can buy very nice lenses plus adapter as alternatives to use on mirrorless cameras for such money.