Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ROKKOR MC 58/1.2 - first impression
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: ROKKOR MC 58/1.2 - first impression Reply with quote

After getting a second Rokkor and change the rear optical group, the first images. And I can not have infinity focus, for very little.
Adjusting ring the last glass, I have reduced by 0.5 mm.

Shooting JPG 72 DPI, Without postprocessing

Croped

Wide Open - 1000 asas

Last edited by francotirador on Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!! I love this lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
Looks good!! I love this lens.

I think between this lens and me. There will be a relationship with a future .... Laughing
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Franco.

Very, very nice pics, man.

The rokkor does his job, eh?

The 55-58 range is the ideal to me in FF not RF.

Be careful with the friendship with the rokkor, the other good lenses that you have will be jealous. Wink

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Hi Franco.

Very, very nice pics, man.

The rokkor does his job, eh?

The 55-58 range is the ideal to me in FF not RF.

Be careful with the friendship with the rokkor, the other good lenses that you have will be jealous. Wink

Regards, Rino.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , Upon receipt of the new adapter will make a comparison between this and the Pancolar, and that fight between them.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the same thing to do with the pancolar. I guess that the pancolar will win, it's a great lens.

My two cents for the pancolar. Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I think the same thing to do with the pancolar. I guess that the pancolar will win, it's a great lens.

Rino.

Two cents is too little,Laughing Laughing The difference is in the bokeh, in favor of Pancolar, but focuses more on Rokkor, and is more evenly in the center and edges. In addition 1.2 Rolling Eyes
Greetings

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell you what I found in the pancolar 50. Very nice bokeh, no doubts, and zeiss colors (something warm).

Not so sharp at the borders, in my copies at least. And at the center is sharp from 2,8 but hasn't the punch that I have found in others lenses, like the S-M-C 1,4. And I can't describe with others words. Sharp but not punch.

The S-M-C (among others 50 s) images have more fine details, perhaps less contrast but more details.

But both are my prefer 50s in M42 mount.

I'm curious about the comparison pancolar vs rokkor.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Rino.

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino.

+1

Let's see, is like the Sonnar 135/3.5 and 135/2.8 Pentacon, preset. If possible we must have both. Very Happy
greetings to all

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
Attila wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino.

+1

Let's see, is like the Sonnar 135/3.5 and 135/2.8 Pentacon, preset. If possible we must have both. Very Happy
greetings to all

Yes, absolutely right.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this lens (the Rokkor). Thing is great at f/2, but is too soft wide open.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwnguin wrote:
I've got this lens (the Rokkor). Thing is great at f/2, but is too soft wide open.

Yes, but from f2, which clearly, very sharpen. & More. Is among the best I think Wink