Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock Trinar Anastigmat 10,5cm f/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock Trinar Anastigmat 10,5cm f/4.5 Reply with quote

This one came in a box of old lenses and stuff.... no camera attached, but still in a Prontor II shutter with working aperture, unfortunately without a scale. According to it's serial it should be from 1938.

Today i mounted in an M42 bodycap and screwed it in some bellows. It's better than i thought it would be, but man, these things flare!!! How did they do this back in the days? The tiniest bit of sunlight from the side results in loss of contrast.

Anyway, here's a quick shot of the Nex with the lens, and some examples! All pics untouched, straight jpg's from the NEX3.

This one is wide open, all others are more or less closed.

And it does quite some macros as well!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ! I like Rodenstock lenses much.

In real action with film

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/franka/franka_II_rodenstock_trinar_105_f3_5/?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: yes i did see that topic while i was searching for info on this lens! Quite impressive sharpness, that is one of the reasons i wanted to try it out! Have to take it outdoors someday and shoot some buildings, seems that is one of it's plusses, see my picture of the rooftop as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward more , I am really fond of Rodenstock.