Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock-Kino Obj. f=50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock-Kino Obj. f=50mm Reply with quote

Got this small projection lens which seems to be a triplet. I wonder from which era it comes, given the old aspact but measure in mm and not in cm. What for did it serve, film projection of which format?

Here is the lens itself put on a custom adapter for Sony

This way the lens does not focus at infinity, I will work it out later. A couple of sample shots follow.

#1 Using adapter

#2 Freelensing

The bokeh is interestingly changing from center to periphery of the frame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of coma freelensing although some parrts of the image show promise -- are there any images using proper adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

millimetres would indicate post-war era, but not too much post war given the rest of the appearance and type font.
most probably a 16 mm projection lens.
your adapter is too thick. I've had good results with these lenses on a Leica M to Sony E helicoid adapter (1o mm thick), mounting the lens either onto a Leica M to M39 adapter, or adding a thin M39 extension tube for support.