Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock Heligon 50/2, bokeh show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Rodenstock Heligon 50/2, bokeh show Reply with quote

I bought Kodak Retina reflex with this lens from our member here Stefan.
There's a fuji film inside the cam. I have to wait for some time to shot with this camera.
The lens has no helicoid part. the cam only can use Rodenstock in this particular mount, cannot be interchangeable. But I cannot resist to test it on Sony NEX. So I use extension tube, eos--nex adapter and something made of plastic to tried. I guess all wide open Very Happy no aperture. I have to use vivid mode, and add contrast & sharpen for PP, otherwise its very low contrast
Here's the result;

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet Smile
that one dreamy bokeh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's only the front part- i guess 3 elements?
cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote "i may be incorrect, but i think kodak made 3 retina 'reflex' cameras: the S, iii and iv. to my knowledge, as i have had iii's and iv's, is that they take interchangeable lenses in the 'dkl' mount. all these lenses, again to my knowledge, have their own focusing ring but ability to change aperture is in the camera mount. adapters are available for these lenses to many digi slr's. kodak also made several other non 'reflex' models where i believe the focusing was also in the camera mount. are you sure yours is a retina 'reflex' camera?"

thankfully i began that post with 'i may be incorrect' as i guess i was! Embarassed Very Happy

seems several of the retina line were called 'reflex' but did not have interchangeable self focusing lenses. i had thought the 'reflex' designation signaled self focusing lenses, but i was wrong. in any event, the entire retina line, whether self focusing lens or not, have really great lenses. i hope more members are moved to try these cams and really superb, underrated, and reasonably priced schneider-k and rodenstock lenses. the cameras are very difficult, if not impossible, to fix, so make sure you get. a working model. though there is a guy in belgium who is the only one i know who repairs these, though he is not cheap.

the reflex iii and iv use self focusing lenses that can be adapted to most any digi cam with commecially available dkl>X adapters.

Last edited by rbelyell on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
That's only the front part- i guess 3 elements?
cool Very Happy
I haven't check it yet, you should tell me Very Happy it's yours
Tony, do you remember std's topic on marketplace where you're commented? this is it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile
For threads like this I love this forum Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
sweet Smile
that one dreamy bokeh

Quote:
Cool
For threads like this I love this forum

Thanks both of you, I'm just bored of sharp image Very Happy

Tony; here's what I got http://forum.mflenses.com/sold-kodak-retina-reflex-slr-with-rodenstock-heligon-t44705.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like soap bubbles - cute!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice purchase Iaza. Very Happy .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
like soap bubbles - cute!

Ok here's another one with different type of bokeh

Thanks Kath, credit should be given to Stefan who give fabolous price

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has real character and so does the photographer.
Smile