Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodagon 50mm 2.8 as a walk around lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I used to use enlarger lenses on bellows for macro work, until I realised their sharpness was great for landscape.

Sharp enough to shave with.

Yes, and I even think the slight glow on infinity setting of the Rodagon is a positive effect. But I've not seen it with other lenses so just use an other lens for a more clinical look.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Zeiss Ikon Orikar is attracting me.. Have you shot with it, blotafton?
I'd like to share my Rodagon 50/2,8 too

little bit shakin' as I didnt use tripod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
[/img]

Pretty artistic!

Yes I have four photos on flickr https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=190847005%40N02&sort=date-taken-desc&text=orika&view_all=1

It has good bokeh but is not very sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

Very nicely done!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello does anyone mind doing a wide open star test on their rodenstok apo lens?

I just need to see a simple iso1600-10000 5-10s exposure pointed at a bright starfield. Im looking for coma/astigmatism performance in the corners and also looking to see how these handle color correction on bright stars. Focus is tricky, a bahtinov mask is ideal but you may just need to use live view, focus just past the star and bring it back gently until its in perfect focus.

Im looking at these hoping the perform well. Your results will help me decide if I will buy. Remember I need the image to be shot wide open at f2.8. Thankyou!