Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

River Stone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: River Stone Reply with quote

It was the usual misty, rather dark day in the Quinault River valley a few weeks ago. I was hiking along the river's edge looking for "the light", when finally the sun started filtering through the clouds.

I could see little sort of "spotlights" here and there showing in the forest floor, and out on the river surface itself, so I set up the tripod and the Pentax 645 to wait.

About five minutes later, I found what I wanted: just an almost subtle increase of sunlight, bearing down upon the rock in the river. It was just enough to light up the little pieces of water dropping off the stone in the river. The extremely soft light also was catching the wavelets and giving them some pastel colors that were pleasing to me.

River Stone

Pentax 645
Vega 26b 120/2.8
f:22, 2 seconds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wow shoot!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence,
Thanks a lot for sharing so nice landscapes.
This one is like a dream vision, wonderful shot!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila and Jes: THANK YOU! I love to get replies, so that I can "judge" if the photo was worth keeping. They don't have to be long replies, they can just be acknowledgements like you two have given. It gives me an idea of what to throw out - I'm rather merciless in throwing slides in the wastebasket. It's too easy to become overwhelmed otherwise. I can only IMAGINE the problems I would have in a DSLR, as far as deleting images. I suppose I would have to be even MORE merciless! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely image has an abstract painting like feel to it again, you can get more from it beyond a quick look.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful colours and deceptively simple. I could keep returning to this shot for a long time.