Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rifle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Rifle Reply with quote

Inspired by some photos on the Internet, I asked my girlfriend to shoot the lens and cameras in her hand as a rifle. She took the challenge and here is the result. more than I could expect Laughing

Could you recognize any equipment here? It's very fun Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rifle includes FD 80-200/4 L, Jupiter 21M 200/4, Tairs-3S 300/4.5 and more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Nice rifle includes FD 80-200/4 L, Jupiter 21M 200/4, Tairs-3S 300/4.5 and more.

Thank you, and you're quick Laughing , maybe there is only one manual lens left that can be recognized. The L lens in the center is EF 200/2.8 L, the other three are almost impossible to be figured out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really found this funny, too much violence in this world anyway, no additional "inspiration" needed I would think

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

3-barrel Gatling, what's her profession?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Never really found this funny, too much violence in this world anyway, no additional "inspiration" needed I would think

+1.

A good photo though, all black and shiny and looking terribly aggressive. It'd appeal to those with a gun culture.

A gun made with fruit would appeal, and would be less likely to offend - but I appreciate that was not the original remit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the OP are not aimed for promoting aggressiveness. Since we have many different viewers from different cultures, you may consider putting a warning tag in the title to avoid discomforting the viewers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I think the OP are not aimed for promoting aggressiveness. Since we have many different viewers from different cultures, you may consider putting a warning tag in the title to avoid discomforting the viewers.

I'm sure aggressiveness was furthest from his mind when this image was posted. No problem, I think the title of the post was warning enough. But my curiosity...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little harsh to say such things,what are peoples views on the Zenit fotosniper? It's imaginative for sure! Shocked
Very Star Wars indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this image is offensive to some members here. It's not my intention to create something like aggressiveness or gun culture. We did it just simply because it looks nice and creative. In my country, we can't own gun and we don't like to, so it's far from gun culture, even though we can't deny the fact that guns were the best friend of us to claim back our independence. Anyhow, I'll be careful with something like this.

For members who appreciate the photo, thank you very much. My girlfriend is still college student, she's studying international business, but after graduation she will be a full time photographer, which is not favored by her parents. Somehow, these lens and camera became her weapon to defend herself and to show her personality. Her photos have convinced them that she's more suitable as a photographer. I know that many people here whose profession is not photographer, but we have a common love, that's why I want to share what we're doing in this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum, I accuse you of cheating! Very Happy The pic is very low resolution and the really sneaky thing is you've flipped it!!!

Still, I think I see a Pentax MX and perhaps the DSLR is a newer version of my Canon 400D - your 450D perhaps? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Langstrum, I accuse you of cheating! Very Happy The pic is very low resolution and the really sneaky thing is you've flipped it!!!

Still, I think I see a Pentax MX and perhaps the DSLR is a newer version of my Canon 400D - your 450D perhaps? Wink

Oh, I will deliver that message to her, my little cheater Laughing

She flipped it because we're both left handed. You even can recognize that at that low resolution, I envy you Laughing . Your eyes are so good, they're 450D and Pentax MX, excellent! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very creative and amazing you had all the parts... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late to the discussion - but I like the image. When I first looked at it, before reading the comments, I saw it as a metaphor; the picture being mightier than the gun. To me, it's an image that an editor would use in an article about war correspondents or photographers.
It's a powerful image.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I can't see why anyone would be offended by this picture. What other taboos are there that we should be aware of?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Jan.1 2014 you could be imprisoned in Connecticut for such a toy. New laws.
I am gun engraver, so, please, do not apologize, picture is fine and funny.