Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979 Reply with quote

November 1979 Popular Photography magazine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, these are FUN to read. Good, honest reportage without all the
slang terms and "with it" phrases. THANK YOU for showing these types
of advertisements from the older cameras. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!

Those "old" Ricohs are very nice camera.
My first SLR (in 1990) was a Ricoh KR-10x and it is still going strong!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just love older test reports from magazines of yor.............unlike todays mag reports which just seem to breeze over camera aspects and I'm forever hoping that one day some magazine is gonna compare older digitals Slrs with more up to date ones.........shall we say a Canon 20d against their 50d........and I'm talking real photography here not lab tests etc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Just love older test reports from magazines of yor.............unlike todays mag reports which just seem to breeze over camera aspects and I'm forever hoping that one day some magazine is gonna compare older digitals Slrs with more up to date ones.........shall we say a Canon 20d against their 50d........and I'm talking real photography here not lab tests etc

I don't think that will happen in a regular magazine. What if this test finds out that a 20D does the job as good as a 50D? Canon will not post an ad again in that mag. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last month i found this one http://archive.popphoto.com/assets/download/ ... just scroll down until you reach the files that begin with PP.. PDF format docs with similar camera reviews.. nkons, canons, pentax, leica, etc Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an amazing find that! I'd been hoping to see some classic POP photo reviews - you don't know what a pain it is to keep an eye out for a specific issue from the 70s where you know a certain camera was reviewed. If Pop has it - they have the Spotmatic F for example - it's a real time and money saver!