Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Richmond Hill, London
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Richmond Hill, London Reply with quote

There was a great low mist as the sun went down this afternoon. I decided that I had to take advantage of it, so went to Richmond Hill and had a pint as the sun went down. Lenses are the Super Takumar 50/1.4 and the Pentacon Auto 135/2.8. The Tak is a bit dodgy because the barrel shifts slightly and I think it's causing some aberrations and loss of sharpness. The view is legally protected from development and only the third photo really shows that I was in the middle of South West London:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great river shot in the last picture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

It almost looks like an old engraving / aquatint with the lack of contrast, very evocative Smile

Doug

mmelvis wrote:
Great river shot in the last picture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine series,

in spite of the flare spot, I like the last one very much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them too, pretty much vintage looking, nicely done! I always thought London is perfectly flat, now I know I was wrong Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is really an exellent capture. I like #2 as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your comments. The lens is not behaving like it should be and I really had to push the contrast in PP to get those photos. If I had used the SMC lenses then they would have handled the contrast better and possibly have flared less but not rendered the same. Tomorrow I will get the right zebra Tessar to practice relubing the helicoid. Then the Pancolar can be fixed and put on the Spotmatic and the K-x.