Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revuenon 45/2.8 - stuck focus because of bent focus ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Revuenon 45/2.8 - stuck focus because of bent focus ring Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I bought the Revuenon 45/2.8 and only after I received it, I found the focus ring is stuck around 1m. Simply, it allows to focus in range 1m to infinity but it doesn't allow to focus between 1m and 0.6m. I just found that the problem is caused by a slightly bent focus ring. See the pics...
www.kudrys.com/files/revuenon/r1102539_sm.jpg
www.kudrys.com/files/revuenon/r1102540_sm.jpg

Does anyone know how disassemble this lens so I can remove the focus ring and try to fix the bent?

Thank you in advance!

PS: from some strange reasons, the linked images (within the IMG tag) are only visible in preview but not in the final post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Revuenon 45/2.8 - stuck focus because of bent focus ring Reply with quote

odklizec wrote:

PS: from some strange reasons, the linked images (within the IMG tag) are only visible in preview but not in the final post.

Image posting is disabled for first-time posters, as a spam prevention measure. Your next post will allow you to post pictures.

EDIT - a couple of old threads suggest gently tapping the filter thread back into shape with a hardwood dowel.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=39263

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=31329

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for enlightening me!

So here are the pics again:

Hardwood dowel is a good idea, but I'm not sure I want to try it on the assembled lens? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I fixed it! All it required was a bit of push from the inner side. The focus ring metal is softer than I expected. It's not perfect yet, but I'm now able to rotate the ring to both ends and there is only a slight rubbing on the closer end. Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy