Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135mm f1.9(Please help to identify)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: 135mm f1.9(Please help to identify) Reply with quote

Hi fellas

Yesterday I found a strange lens on local shop it's f1.9 and I think it's 135mm and m42 mount.Have anybody heard abaout this lens ?

Here are the pictures of the lens:

http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/alisveris-fotograf-kamera-lens-filtre-rus-mali-f-1-9-lens-82837740/detay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reitschel Prolinear 135/1.9 ? Confused

I have no idea, but being curious about such a fast 135mm lens I've Googled and only found this. But I'm sure someone will be along with more suggestions.
Whatever it is, if it IS what they say - 135mm f1.9 - then I'd buy it anyway on the chance it's rare and good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 135mm f1.9(Please help to identify) Reply with quote

shyl wrote:
Hi fellas
Yesterday I found a strange lens on local shop it's f1.9 and I think it's 135mm and m42 mount.

Go to the shop with your camera and a M42 adapter and ask them to let you take some shots with the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lens intended for 35mm movie cameras (hence the lever on the side).

It is probably very good, if price is okay and you can try it out, take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1 I expect some exotic mount or C mount

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1 I expect some exotic mount or C mount

Probably just plain m42, some Soviet 35mm cameras had M42 mounts, the pics seem to show it fitted to a normal Zenit.

Important to check if the lens focusses to infinity correctly though, not sure if the M42 movie cameras had the same register as normal M42.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is lens from Krasnogorsk-3 (K-3) 16mm movie cam. It exists both in M42 and bayonet mount.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collective (and individual) knowledge of this forum just never stops amazing me Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K-3 is 16mm so I'd want to try the lens first, the image circle will certainly cover M4/3, and I suspect it will also cover APS-C but best to be sure before handing over the cash.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
The collective (and individual) knowledge of this forum just never stops amazing me Shocked

+1
I'm astounded daily. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
Pontus wrote:

+1
I'm astounded daily. Very Happy

Quote:
But I'm sure someone will be along with more suggestions.

I don't think I've seen the collective minds of this forum beaten yet ? Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Krasnogorsk-3 with an m42 mount meteor 5 17/69 zoom.
While the mount fits exactly my m42 adapters, the rear part of the lens protrudes really deeply, so I didn't dare to try mounting it on my dslr.
The k3 is a 16 mm film camera, don't know how 35mm are.
So check it carefully before buying.
Anyway, if it fits, i'd buy it immediatly.