Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random Weird Images 4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Random Weird Images 4u Reply with quote

Goodbye Goodbye Goodbye

Last edited by Jeff Zen on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jeff, I must say your images are simply stunning. I would be very much interested in your explanation of the mechanics behind each photo. It is pretty obvious that considerable thought was given to setting, placement, composition, timing, etc., in photos #1, 2 and 5.

And while I can honestly say that this sort of art is not really my "cup of tea," nonetheless, I can appreciate it for the artistic vision that it took to produce it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..Nice work.

I fave the last one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them too, very strong, really eye opening, reminds me of the game Bioshock maybe? Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. These pictures would frighten the crap out of my kids. Gosh, they scare me! Shocked

As cooltouch put it, definitely not my kind of photography but a great work!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sick...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool, would be interested in equipment you used...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

top quality, nice job

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your very kind comments. I used a Pentax K20d and mostly my Pentax 12-24 lens, which is a rebadged Tokina with the Pentax SMC coating. It has truly lovely color. I also use a Tamron 17-50, in addition to my manual Soviet lenses. I rely on FDR tools to tone map my bracketed images. I try very hard not to overdo it. Always happy to answer questions.
Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k20d nice camera. i assume you used tripod?
t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1, 3 and 5 do it for me, but I'm drawn to the background settings.

Many others know of my attraction to abandoned & decaying buildings, and I'd love to see any more like this you may have, Jeff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my cup of tea either but photos very nicely taken with good control of lighting etc.

Jeff, you taking the photos for some magazine or something?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled I love your work and will post more. rbelyell, yes I use an old Manfrotto tripod which I carry always. my_photography, Some is indeed for magazine work. Thanks for your appreciation even if it's not your thing.
Very intelligent and nice people here.