Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Q: When can you ask $6.4K for a $100 lens?(Tomioka Insanity)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed a nice lens, but they did also have the somewhat similar VS1 28/1.9, which IMO is better, if a little more unruly in some aspects.
Additionally, to my eye, the styling on this one looks like it's earlier than the Series 1s, which I beleive were introduced in 1978? The similarly-styled Komine-made 135/2.8 I believe dates to 1971, so if this is of similar age, it already would have been pretty familiar as a non-Series 1 lens.

vivaldibow wrote:
Interesting. Never seen this lens before. The Vivitar 35mm/1.9 is a pretty good lens. Don't know why Vivitar didn't select as a Series 1 lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the various examples you've posted on this site are any indication, I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

simple.joy wrote:

An overwhelmingly unremarkable mid-tier manufacturer of a variety of taking lenses... The couple of (in my opinion) truly outstanding lenses they made almost all are specialized industrial lenses and certainly flew under the radar until a couple of years back, when macro-experts Robert OToole and Ray Parkhurst placed them in the top-tier of various comparison tests for macro-lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thing is worth what a fool wants to pay.