Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with FD lens - broken?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Problem with FD lens - broken? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here but I've been dabbling with MF-lenses on my EOS-cameras for a while..

However, I recently bought a Canon AV-1 and a 50/1.8 FD lens (not same seller) and today they were finally united.

When I tried to mount the lens, it just wouldn't work. I quickly realized something was wrong, as you can see in the picture below.

I'm pretty sure the red dot on the inside should line up with the red dot on the outside...
Is this fixable? I'm not entirely sure how the FD mount actually works, so... Any input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with FD lens - broken? Reply with quote

lussegubben77 wrote:
Hi, I'm new here but I've been dabbling with MF-lenses on my EOS-cameras for a while..

However, I recently bought a Canon AV-1 and a 50/1.8 FD lens (not same seller) and today they were finally united.

When I tried to mount the lens, it just wouldn't work. I quickly realized something was wrong, as you can see in the picture below.

I'm pretty sure the red dot on the inside should line up with the red dot on the outside...
Is this fixable? I'm not entirely sure how the FD mount actually works, so... Any input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

It does not look good, BUT it is not broken. Don't despair. Cool

There are two tiny pins hidden by the position of bayonets unfortunately
you have to press these pins to rotate the outer breach lock ring. But to fix it
you should be a bit handy man.

BTW, your photo does not show up when it is your FIRST post in here MFlenses in order to
prevent a spam.

Anyway I will show you where those pins are in my next post, someone else may show them.
Please wait a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually managed to fix this now... I found the pins you described and just kind of guessed what to do. But thanks anyway!

It seems to be working now, but I'll have to get a battery for the camera to actually test everything..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to know you fixed it.

Anyhow for someone in the future may have the same problem,
I will show those pins.

These yellow arrows show where those pins are.