Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[PRINT] My first print ON MY OWN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm

If I built my camera collection using our friend from Ferndown's offerings, would that make me a bad photographer and a shit-collector? lol

Doug

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Orio wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:
Orio, I think you are a natural Wink

thanks Smile if a pro says this then it must mean something Cool

Once I was maybe, but not for a long time. I am in awe, you are a good photographer AND a good printer. I was a good printer and a shit photographer Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Hmm

If I built my camera collection using our friend from Ferndown's offerings, would that make me a bad photographer and a shit-collector? lol

Doug

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Orio wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:
Orio, I think you are a natural Wink

thanks Smile if a pro says this then it must mean something Cool

Once I was maybe, but not for a long time. I am in awe, you are a good photographer AND a good printer. I was a good printer and a shit photographer Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: [PRINT] My first print ON MY OWN Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
(......)

9- all things are more difficult without a tutor at your side! Especially how to "read" the test strips and figure out the best formula without wasting a whole batch of paper...

(.........)

It's simple - use good magnifying glass and cropping tool. Wink
The best paper to use for contact printing is quick-drying, glossy resin-coated paper.
Print contact sheets on grade 2 or 3 in pairs - one exposed for shadows
and one for highlights (for example, skies). After you can dodging
and burning parts of image to achive good tonal range.
To choose best shoot - look at composition, subject, lines, contrasts,
pepople/animal eyes, frames, figures and so on.......
but the most important thing is that it's your "own" story (break the rules,
listen your heart or mind......bleah, bleah, BLEAAAHHH Wink ).