Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primoplan 1.9/75mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Primoplan 1.9/75mm Reply with quote

While I was in HK I saw this aluminium finish lens in a shop with no price tag. It looked in mint condition, I didn't check the mount. When I asked the price I was told HK$6,000 (about £550) which surprised me. Anyone know why this lens is so much more expensive than the 1.9/58mm Primoplan? I didn't know there were any Meyer lenses that expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is very rare collectible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
This lens is very rare collectible.

... and you were in Asia! Old German lenses can go for a lot of money there.

But actually, this price is ridiculous, IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw only two copies on Ebay in last three years, one is mine, lot more rare than any other most wanted 75mm lenses. This is reason why so expensive.
http://forum.mflenses.com/primoplan-1-9-75mm-meyer-optik-gorlitz-t13066,highlight,primoplan.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I suppose if it's that rare a rich collector might be willing to pay that kind of money, but not me. How does the IQ compare to the Pancolar 80?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Thanks. I suppose if it's that rare a rich collector might be willing to pay that kind of money, but not me. How does the IQ compare to the Pancolar 80?

Not comparable Wink Lot less.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I like the bokeh on this picutre:

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/5_meyer_primoplan_75mm_f1_960r_1.jpg

The OOF lights - they aren't ovoid (like on Biotar, Helios and Jupiter), but rounded!