Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Preparing a Minolta AF group sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Preparing a Minolta AF group sale Reply with quote

I've seldom had success selling or even giving stuff on this here forum ....

So i'm just gonna do a brief survey ....

I want to sell these Minolta AF lenses as a group, i'll add a boxed Sony LA-EA4 adapter and a 4000AF flash to the mix....
I'd be looking for $3300 USD

Tell me what you think ......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not active on e-Bay, so don't expect any knowledge and advice concerning e-Bay!

However, from my experience here in Switzerland, it's much better to sell the items separately, especially if they a expensive ones.

That said, I got my 100-200mm for CHF 20.--, the last AF 1.4/50 for <100.--, the last AF 2.8/20mm for <100.-- as well, and my last AF 2/100mm for CHF 128.--. I never got an AF 1.4/35 though ... My last AF 2/35mm however was about CHF 60.--.

All lenses mentioned above in very good / like new condition!

S

EDIT To give you an example: Some years ago I bought a like new Canon "New F-1" plus 1.4/50, 1.8/85, 2/135mm and 4/70-210mm for about CHF 450.--. The seller refused to sell the stuff separately, and for quite some time nobody was interested in the set. Finally, after maybe 2 months or so, I bought it. That's a lot of nice stuff for <500 USD!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go back to selling on eBay, but i do look at "sold prices" off of eBay ...

I'll sell them locally

it doesn't matter if they sell separately .... but like you said, it's probably a better deal
for a buyer to get the bundle ....

Thanks for time ...

Edit :

those thrift store prices look good, but not everyone gets lucky at flea markets ....

So that AF 1.4/35 sells on average @ 2040 CHF on eBay ...... which is, in effect, a good place to start when one wants data on selling prices .....

But you're right, on a good day < $500 USD may get you a lot of nice stuff....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm what "stevemark" is saying. Prices for Minolta AF-lenses have dropped enormously. The prices that he quotes are correct and not "thrift-shop" prices at all.
Hence, an asking price of 3300 US dollar for the lenses that you want to sell is just ridiculous. I am sorry, but that's just the way it is.

I have about 40 Minolta AF lenses myself and I probably will never sell them. Simply because I would loose too much money on them if I did.

BTW: just as Stevemark I have all the lenses that you want to sell, except for the AF 1.4/35.
If you want to sell it seperately I would be interested.... at a reasonabe asking price Wink.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand what you are saying and i fully agree ....

but both of you do not have the 1.4/35 🤔

and, it appears, have not checked "sold prices" on eBay .... but most people have better things to do, i know .....

but if you'd did, you'd see that i'm neither "inventing prices" - nor am I ridiculous -

🤷‍♂️

P.S i'd be very curious to hear your offer on your missing lens !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
I fully understand what you are saying and i fully agree ....

but both of you do not have the 1.4/35 🤔

and, it appears, have not checked "sold prices" on eBay .... but most people have better things to do, i know .....

but if you'd did, you'd see that i'm neither "inventing prices" - nor am I ridiculous -

I wrote: "an asking price of 3300 US dollar for the lenses that you want to sell is just ridiculous."

If you want to translate this to "you are ridiculous" then you are indeed Wink.

The only (good) conclusion you should draw out of this is that you should sell that 35mm 1:1.4 seperately.
Anyone who wants to buy this set and/or bid on it will do so for that lens, and that lens only. Everything else will be seen as "ballast" and will be taken it, so to speak, for free.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, it's not a conclusion .....

it's how it all started (!)

Still no offer ??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You asked: "I want to sell these Minolta AF lenses as a group, i'll add a boxed Sony LA-EA4 adapter and a 4000AF flash to the mix....
I'd be looking for $3300 USD

Tell me what you think ......"

Well I gave you excactly what you asked.

Why should I make you an offer?
You want to sell this and you are asking advise and opinions about it.
But it's all too clear that you have made up your mind and need no advise at all. You only want confirmation.

So, good luck with the selling. Put it all for sale for 3300 USD. It's a fantastic price.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time.