Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pre-War 50mm f1.5 Zeiss SONNAR on Contax III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Pre-War 50mm f1.5 Zeiss SONNAR on Contax III Reply with quote

I bought pre-war Contax III + 50mm f1.5 SONNAR in 1957 in BERLIN when i was in the British Army for equivalent of £38 -- a fortune on British Army Pay so i had to pay it off Monthly. It suffered from 'flare' as it was un-coated but I got some good photos on early Agfacolor CT18 film-- I can show you some samples- taken with Braun Hobby Automatic I got for £14 in Canadian Maple Leaf Store in Iserlohn back in the British Zone. British Military Hospital ISERLOHN.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nurse in white looks pure mischief, and lots of fun.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She will be over 60 years Older and a Pensioner now like ME !!! That was taken in 1957-58

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it unusual to be shooting in colour in the late '50s Pete?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

YES --- few 'Colour Films' available in UK but better and cheaper in Germany -- I also used Agfa Color PRINT film 120 size in my British Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model II and got friendly with Camera Dealers Klein Happe in Iserlohn High Street and was invited 'Back-Stage' into their darkroom to see Colour Printing -- they used a huge Agfa enlarger I remember. I still HAVE a couple of colour prints done by them in an album ! In UK we could afford only 'Ferraniacolor' slide film -- nobody did 'Prints' unless you were 'Professional' and had Dye Transfer Prints done for Clients at a Huge Cost.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

YES --- few 'Colour Films' available in UK but better and cheaper in Germany -- I also used Agfa Color PRINT film 120 size in my British Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model II and got friendly with Camera Dealers Klein Happe in Iserlohn High Street and was invited 'Back-Stage' into their darkroom to see Colour Printing -- they used a huge Agfa enlarger I remember. I still HAVE a couple of colour prints done by them in an album ! In UK we could afford only 'Ferraniacolor' slide film -- nobody did 'Prints' unless you were 'Professional' and had Dye Transfer Prints done for Clients at a Huge Cost.

Thanks Pete. That's very informative.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the photos, so vivid and real.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Iserlohn with the TA,early 70,s. Ended up as a Patient with a badly broken Nose! Happy Days! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, time shift back 60 years!! CT18 I used a lot many years back...

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
I was in Iserlohn with the TA,early 70,s. Ended up as a Patient with a badly broken Nose! Happy Days! Smile

I went BACK to BMH Iserlohn on 1987 -- it was 'Closed for Refurbishment -- NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED' -- now it has been handed back to the Germans. -- I found snaps of the Hospital taken 1957 to jog you memory ---

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 small

Nice pictures all with a sense of history both of the places and of photography.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos , Pete ! Thanks for sharing !