Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pre-set lens and split screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Pre-set lens and split screen Reply with quote

If you have digital camera with split focusing screen I suggest to buy pre-set lenses. In my experience this kind of lens to use on most convince way on DSLR bodies.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only advantage with pre-set lenses I have seen compare to other old lenses is, you can fix aperture to any value, not limited to lenses aperture points. Like Nikon 180mm f2.8 is great len, but after 2.8, the next aperture level is f3.5.. and here $20 Vivitar 200mm f3.5 is comparable. With preset like mine Takumar, I can step down little bit also (but lens, my copy, is not that great). (this is not an issue camera controlled modern AF lenses).

yes, you can fix aperture before starting focussing/composition.. dont have to count clicking sound or guess... But Takumar line up usually has very smooth A/M switch...

But, in general (I have 4-5 presets), some how the minimum focusing distance with preset is almost 2-3 times the normal. I think there is something related to optical design... And thats one reason, I try to avoid preset.. but the quality wins in the end.. I am end with so many presets now...