Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktisix Tessar question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Tessar 80 in P6 and M42. Both of them are among the best in my small collection. I think the major reason of Plannar design takeover Tessar's market is the restriction of f2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekiller wrote:
I have Tessar 80 in P6 and M42. Both of them are among the best in my small collection. I think the major reason of Plannar design takeover Tessar's market is the restriction of f2.8.

In medium format Planars and Biometars have 2.8 maximum aperture too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

The tessar with his 4 elements is very good at the center at F/8, 11 and 16. Perhaps so-so at the borders.

The Biometar had the same schame than the xenotar for rolleiflex. An "hibrid" between the front elements of the planar and the rear two elements of the sonnar design.
Better than the tessar, especially at the Borders.

The Planar (hasselblad) not the rolleiflexes planar 2,8. It's a gauss classic schame. It's the better of the pool.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

In medium format Planars and Biometars have 2.8 maximum aperture too.

Mostly because no MF cameras (short of MF view cameras) have a wide enough mount, and few have a short enough flange distance - they cannot accomodate a straightforward 2.0 or better, but would need hardcore retrofocus designs. Even the Mamiya 1.9/80 for the M645 had to be made a seven-lenser.