Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

praktica bc20 - first impression
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: praktica bc20 - first impression Reply with quote

Got it shooting today straight from ebay.

In good shape. Build is decent, rewind lever flimsy, all plastic construction even for film rewind mechanism, seems decently built however.

Viewfinder is rather bright but fuzzy outside the center. It does it job though, I bought this as a sketchbook camera in place of a canonet ql17 and a reflex viewfinder is a big improvement for my kind of photography (architectural details and shadow plays that require a reflex).

Shutter is a delusion though, at one thirty it causes a lot of vibrations that will affect picture clarity, after pressing the shutter release button the camera swings down despite any effort by me.

It is also so noisy that a dog at twenty meters clearly balked at the sound, so it is no good for unobtrusive shooters, no street photography with this camera, buy a cheap rf if you are on a budget.

Will see what it makes from one sixtieth upward but i'm afraid I will have to tinker with camera's balance, I have a grip somewhere that might help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When loading the second roll first the rewind crank broke, then the wind lever jumped away for good.

Trash.

I have ow a nice zoom to either remount for yashica or to be mounted to a better praktica.

But, is there a good praktica at this point???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bghomofaber wrote:
When loading the second roll first the rewind crank broke, then the wind lever jumped away for good.

Trash.

I have ow a nice zoom to either remount for yashica or to be mounted to a better praktica.

But, is there a good praktica at this point???

That's very unfortunate. Sad

I have an MTL50. I think it's as good as it gets in Praktica land. It has all the basics, is very solid and the viewfinder is decent. And it doesn't look like anything can break easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will switch back to yashica for a backup, ever ready camera to carry around while commuting or working.

As for the prakticar 28 200 it is instead a good product, will convert or sell