Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Post processing a wedding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Post processing a wedding Reply with quote

Hi there,
I shot a wedding almost two years ago and my friends found four shots that they liked. I am trying to post process though and thus I wanted to ask you what I could better to improve the shots. Your experienced eye might be able to see better than me.
I am giving below the camera raw and my edits so you can see the before and the after.

Feel free to comment

Regards
Alex

1. Before

1. After

2. Before

2. After

3. Before

3. After

4. Before

4. After

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look fine to me, great job with the microphone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answer
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look perfectly fine to me too, unless you want to add some glow or highlight diffusion - that some people seem to love in wedding photography.
Maybe you could smooth down some areas of the bride's skin in #2, like the visible vein on her arm or some shadows on her chest that could be lighter, but that's more a matter of the couple's taste.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually add 'glow' I make a duplicate layer in photoshop. Make sure that foreground colour is black and background colour is white on your toolbar. Then select background image, turn off background copy. Then go in filters > distort > diffuse glow. Switch grain to 0 and adjust the glow amount until the face has almost no details - just the eyes and mouth will be great. Switch on top layer and reduce opacity until you think its good. This has an opacity of 80%. Enough to make a difference but not enough to make it look odd. In print the slight glow looks really good,

left normal, right with glow.

Not the best pic but I have only a few photos that I can use on a public forum.

Oops! I guess this may be better

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I did not know the technique