Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portra 160vc + Oreston 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Portra 160vc + Oreston 50/1.8 Reply with quote

Drugstore processing/scanning to cd, no PP, SP1000, handheld:

A breeze was blowing on this one, rustling the water weeds:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Shocked

the first has an amazing perspective - and the colors are awesome .
Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result, one of my favorite color film also.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, both ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love those real colors... rustling one is my favourite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, splee.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Paul,I would like to see more of this bridge as it is being built....looks like a big one.Only if you have time of course and it does not take away from what you like doing.
My husband has worked in this area of building so we are interested in seeing the different construction techniques used.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bridge is just downriver - and down the road - from us. There almost is always is something to shoot when we cross it ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I like what you are achieving with your photos and film choices.I love the weed and the orange safety tape Very Happy
How high off the water are they? and are there crocodiles or is it alligators down your way that they should worry about?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Height of the new bridge will be 70 feet or so; old one is too low to let pass an old-timey paddle-wheeler with its high superstructure.
We do have alligators this far north north, but they stay way up in the main feeder creeks where the creek banks have gentler slopes to water. A 9-footer was captured in a fellow's front yard about a month ago, up by the main highway. quite the traffic stopper ...

We also have alligator snapping turtles, which can live well over 100 years and easily pass 125 pounds in weight. Google thos rascals up ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We also have alligator snapping turtles, which can live well over 100 years and easily pass 125 pounds in weight. Google thos rascals up

I saw those on a nature show...mean looking monsters! any chance of photographing them or they more a in the water all the time species?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snapping turtles typically do not sun. They lie low during the day, then hunt at night.
I quit trotlining for catfish a couple of years ago when I caught a 125-pound snapper in 22 feet of water. He drowned. It broke my heart. He probably was a year old for every pound. His head was about as big as mine.
The snappers that stay in small water get a lot of algae and moss on their knobby carapaces. This big river snapper had a clean carapace, shining like it had been waxed.
The eastern woodland Indians like the Cherokee considered the alligator snapping turtle to be the wisest of animals, probably because it can live so long.
As to your query about photographing them, you'd about have to catch one to get good, tight shots.