Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Compact Reflex Sp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Porst Compact Reflex Sp Reply with quote

Porst Compact SP, similar to Cosina CSM, sold by a former German chain called Porst .
I got this small old (bought in 1978) SLR from my father, he told me, it was dead but instead of this it just needed fresh batteries.
It was unused for nearly 30 years, I believe last usage was one of our family hollidays when I was a little child.
After cleaning and fixing the light seals it is in nice working condition now. just loaded a roll of Kodak Color plus 200 in it. - let`s see what comes out.

Timo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look forward to seeing the pics Timo. Color plus 200 was my weapon of choice back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera works fine and gave me pleasing results.
First images out of this lovely little vintage gem:

By the way, unfortunately I do not like the colors of Fuji C 200 so I converted them to b/w.....

Best regards

Timo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timo832000 wrote:
The camera works fine and gave me pleasing results.
First images out of this lovely little vintage gem:

Very nice shots, especially the first one.
Actually, the Porst version has something the Cosina CMS doesn't: spot metering (hence the SP).
You can get a module that sits on top of the shutter speed dial (there is a little indexing hole on top of it), plugs into the flash cable socket and gives the camera aperture priority auto exposure. It's one of the smallest quality M42 bodies available.