Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pont ar Daf Waterfalls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Pont ar Daf Waterfalls Reply with quote

Taken with my RZ67 and ilford panF 50 or tmax 100.

All shot with the 65mm f4 L-A + B+W 090 light red filter
Brecon-100TMX-04 by Kyle, on Flickr

Brecon-PanF50-04 by Kyle, on Flickr

Brecon-PanF50-07 by Kyle, on Flickr

Brecon-PanF50-08 by Kyle, on Flickr

Brecon-PanF50-01 by Kyle, on Flickr

Just one shot with the 127mm f3.5 K/L
Brecon-100TMX-09 by Kyle, on Flickr

Last edited by Kei on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, #4 is my favourite.

May I ask why you used the red filter? I can't see much evidence of a blue sky so it makes me think it wasn't for contrast in the sky.
Or was it to get the shutter speed down?? I'd have gone for a 10-stop ND filter myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Yes, the red filter was primarily used to increase exposure times, though the weather was very variable when I packed the kit. It still has an effect on the overall image contrast. I don't own any 77mm ND filters yet, so I usually make do using others combined with low film speeds. (just bought some rollei RPX 25 to experiment with)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a reasonably priced ND filter set for 77mm, try HAIDA filters (to be found on eBay or their own site). There are excellent, for a fraction of the cost of a Lee Big Stopper, Heliopan and have none of the blue cast that comes from the Formatt Hi-Tech filters, ... and they have slim filters too for wide angle. I think they are great, for the same cost as your red.
Best regards,