Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100 Reply with quote

I just finished resurrecting the Land 100 I got for free when I bought the 600se a while ago. I did the battery conversion, transplanted a pair of bellows from a crappy 140, and aligned the rangefinder. The camera works flawlessly and is a joy to use, a pity FP-3000B film is not sold here. Now I am debating if fitting a manual LF lens (like a Kodak Ektar), or keeping it in its original configuration.

A crappy pic on the kitchen table

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have ne too, much fun, good luck with yours. try double exposures, theyre a kick!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100 Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Now I am debating if fitting a manual LF lens (like a Kodak Ektar), or keeping it in its original configuration.

this is the first version? i would buy cheap later version for a conversion project.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ludoo!. Nice work done. I would keep the original lens, but this is my personal preference Wink
Please post us with samples.

Regards,.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking cam!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera man! Film is out there. Go for it.

I have one that I want to convert to take a Grafmatic back. Some guys are doing 4x5 conversions I don't see why not Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies!

Jes, the original lens is nothing exceptional, just a f8.8 triplet. The advantage of keeping the original lens is that the camera stays fully auto which is really convenient: a large format, instant, snapshot camera with a rangefinder. Smile

So I'll probably keep it original, and get another one to fit a "proper" lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do you buy film for it? I also have a polaroid pack film camera and can´t get film for it cheaper than about 12usd/pack incl shipping:(

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
where do you buy film for it? I also have a polaroid pack film camera and can´t get film for it cheaper than about 12usd/pack incl shipping:(

I can buy FP-100C locally, for 10€ a pack. If your prices are for FP-100B (if it still exists) or FP-3000B, can you post the details?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FP-100C here 16€ (incl 23% vat).

And impossible PX-70, 8 frames .. drum roll .. 32 € Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
I can buy FP-100C locally, for 10€ a pack. If your prices are for FP-100B (if it still exists) or FP-3000B, can you post the details?
That is really nice price for that FP-100C. I can buy it locally for about 18€, buying FP-100B or 3000B here isn´t possible at all - but it is still in production as I know, so you may search ebay for it.

FP-100C for example here on bay for 90USD/10packs + 25usd shipping + VAT (20% in Czech) and duties (I believe for film it´s 0%) into EU:(. So in the end it´s 13,80 USD per pack. Pretty expensive fun.

You can buy it also from UK for about 13£+shipping per pack - but that´s also higher than your price.

I was lucky few months ago - i bought 10packs on local auction site for 10euro:) But only 2packs lasted till today:(

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
buying FP-100B or 3000B here isn´t possible at all - but it is still in production as I know, so you may search ebay for it.

Are you sure?
Local shop here used to sell all of them, now just the FP-100C left.