Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please, help with adapter for Ricoh lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Please, help with adapter for Ricoh lens Reply with quote

I bough this lens on local flea market and need help to get the mount for my canon EOS

. I put it on my fb and some friend told me it is the Pentax K PK mount. I order on Amazon the adapter for my eos http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQ0L2O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But when i got this and put the lens on. It keep moving not fit tight at all. So i doubt that is the PK mount or the mount are bad

Please, help

Thank you

Last edited by pterpm on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ? Please, help

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a PK mount lens, and I know some adapters can be average quality when it comes to how well they fit on your camera or lens.You may have to try another adapter....but wait and see what a Canon user may have to say as I only use Pentax/ M4/3.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Please, help with adapter for Ricoh lens Reply with quote

pterpm wrote:
I bough this lens on local flea market and need help to get the mount for my canon EOS.
I put it on my fb and some friend told me it is the Pentax K PK mount. I order on Amazon the adapter for my eos http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQ0L2O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But when i got this and put the lens on. It keep moving not fit tight at all. So i doubt that is the PK mount or the mount are bad

Please, help

Thank you

It definitely looks like Pentax K.
Your adapter has small slots that when a small flat blade screwdriver is wedged into the slot it will take up the slack that you have, all 3 tabs need to be expanded the same amount, and you don't want it to be too much or the lens can become near impossible to mount and dismount, and will add needless stress to the lens.
You can see them in this pic.

One word of caution, the spring lock in the bottom left corner should not protrude too far as it can rub against some cameras, I had an adapter remove some paint from my 1DIII mirror box, a file cured the issue.
Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Please, help with adapter for Ricoh lens Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
...It definitely looks like Pentax K.
Your adapter has small slots that when a small flat blade screwdriver is wedged into the slot it will take up the slack that you have, all 3 tabs need to be expanded the same amount, and you don't want it to be too much or the lens can become near impossible to mount and dismount, and will add needless stress to the lens.
You can see them in this pic....

Useful to know, thanks.

Be aware pterpm that some Ricoh lenses will not sit happily on a Pentax camera. I don't think an adapter would have the same problems though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your help, any recommendaion which mount should i get ? .I bough one from the same company but the quality they made so poor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pterpm wrote:
Thank you very much for your help, any recommendation which mount should i get ? .I bough one from the same company but the quality they made so poor

I recently got a Nikon to Canon adapter for under £5 post paid from ynaan on ebay. It's very good quality and fits nice and tight. here is the PK version: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue with my Pentax K adapter, it is just to put the screwdriver inside the elongated crack and bend out a little like Lightshow mentioned Wink