Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Playing with the 2.8/50 Tessar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Playing with the 2.8/50 Tessar Reply with quote

A few samples from this wonderful lens.

Baby Blue tongue lizard

Back of my sons head.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira,

Nice samples, I like very much this lens.
Maybe is my monitor, but I see them somewhat low in contrast, although sharpness and colours are good.
What kind of process did you do?.
Some of my old lenses show a similar behaviour and I have to bump up both brightness and contrast a little.
But it can be my monitor as well. I'm working at the office with the laptop...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On old inexpensive lenses like 50mm Tessars essential most of the time to fix contrast and sharpness in PS. Difference will be very visible I highly recommend it. (Shoot in RAW of course)

ACDSEE Pro is most handy and effective image processor what I know.

Lizzard shoot is very nice worth to try to process.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which CZJ Tessar 50/2.8? I have two of them: a small silver Exakta-mount (adapted for Pentax) with 12 iris blades, and a larger zebra M42 with just 5 blades. The small silver one is ALWAYS with me. I barely use the zebra model, even though it focuses closer. Judging by your lizard shot, I'd guess that you have the zebra. I suspect that other versions exist, with similar optics but different construction and characteristics. Oh yes, I overpaid US$55 for my zebra, and just US$7 for the nifty silver babe. Yes, sometimes cheap old lenses are great!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both.

The first seems to be taken in not so good light conditions wit a bit of blueish tonality. Open shadow? Perhaps.

But I like the potential of the lens and the image

Congrats MO, the lens is known for the good IQ and it shows ir in your images

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guessed right estudleon...the 2nd image was taken on dusk with poor available light and the first in a shadow.I always hesitate to play to much with the image...but I know what you are all talking about.I always tend to lean towards dark rather than light when I adjust a image... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I like both.

The first seems to be taken in not so good light conditions wit a bit of blueish tonality. Open shadow? Perhaps.

The white balance is way off to the cool side, it needs to be shifted up the K scale.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
estudleon wrote:
I like both.

The white balance is way off to the cool side, it needs to be shifted up the K scale.

Thanks Ron.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips,here's my 2nd attempt... Very Happy What do you think?

I cropped the left side as the white highlight from the car was to much.