Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PK Speedbooster + M42 adapter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: PK Speedbooster + M42 adapter. Reply with quote

Thinking of getting a Speedbooster (Make undecided as yet) and I was wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone.My Legacy Lenses are a mixture of M42 and PK mounts,so if I bought a PK to M4/3 Speedbooster would I be able to use it for M42 lenses by fitting one of those small PK to M42 ring type adapters meant for Pentax cameras?? Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a EOS speedbooster that I use with EOS-PK & EOS M42 adapters. When I got it there wasn't a PK speedbooster made.
It works very well & can also be adapted to quite a few other mounts if required. The lack of electronic communication would probably be a pain for EOS lenses, but I don't have any of those Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the same, but with a simple adaptor not a speed booster as I also have all m42 or pk.

From my experience, I would say that if you are going down that route, try the Pentax OE ring convertor rather than a copy, as I did. The combination of the Chinese m42 to PK, on to a PK to m4/3 adaptor was too much to ask in terms of tolerances. Light was getting in.

Pentax OE ring convertors seem to be around £35, and say K&F boosters are now around £65. So the costs have narrowed somewhat.

Having said that, one layer of insulating tape around the joint of the combo I tried was effective, but not a great look. I junked it, but it was only a few quid to try it out.

I hope that gives some food for thought Eddie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for *Forgetting* I had posted this question (age has its problems!)

Just as a parallel exercise I tried fitting an A mount to m4/3 adapter with the M42 to A mount adapter,it was a complete shambles and too much too expect.Possible the Cheapo A mount to M4/3 adapter was to blame.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What вould be the difference between MF-->FF reducer x0.7 and FF-->MFT reducer x0.7?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baychlen wrote:
What вould be the difference between MF-->FF reducer x0.7 and FF-->MFT reducer x0.7?

Mainly the mounts & the diameter I think Smile
I think optically the same arrangement can be used, but the front & rear flange distances will probably be critical.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

...., and say K&F boosters are now around £65. So the costs have narrowed somewhat.

I have no info about K&F manufacturing speedboosters ? only "dumb" (but very good) adapters ... plse elaborate? Wink
TIA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

...., and say K&F boosters are now around £65. So the costs have narrowed somewhat.

I have no info about K&F manufacturing speedboosters ? only "dumb" (but very good) adapters ... plse elaborate? Wink
TIA

Yes, they make them. I see them on ebay at least.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

TIA

Not on my e-bay Wink .. Only dumb adapters and a couple of of auto but no "speed booster" nor "focal reducer" .
Not listed on the representative's web site either https://www.kentfaith.com/
Will inquire with another UK representative.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

TIA

Not on my e-bay Wink .. Only dumb adapters and a couple of of auto but no "speed booster" nor "focal reducer" .
Not listed on the representative's web site either https://www.kentfaith.com/
Will inquire with another UK representative.

Rigel, apologies. I've had a check myself. It's Camdiox ,not K&F.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem ... this can happen Wink

BTW do you have any experience with Camdiox speed boosters (I want to try an M42 to NEX)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
No problem ... this can happen Wink

BTW do you have any experience with Camdiox speed boosters (I want to try an M42 to NEX)

No Rigel, but if you've not come across a test, Simon Hawkett has tested one with Takumar's. It's the best I could find when I was hunting around -

https://simonhawketts.com/2014/03/29/camdiox-canon-eos-to-sony-nex-focal-reducer-review/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks .. I found that one too but I'll maybe open a new thread about using "stacked" adapters. There are some thing I don't completely understand Wink