Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pitch for the Helios 40 lens? 66mm x 0.75?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Pitch for the Helios 40 lens? 66mm x 0.75? Reply with quote

I am going to make a few stepup rings for the Helios-40 85/1.5, such that more common 67mm filters can be used, but I do not have a lens around to check the filter thread.

So ... does anyone know the pitch ? 66mm x 0.75 ?


Last edited by hk300 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno, but here's "How to Measure Screw Threads" with a photography orientation:

http://www.skgrimes.com/adapter/measure.htm


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
dunno, but here's "How to Measure Screw Threads" with a photography orientation:

http://www.skgrimes.com/adapter/measure.htm


LOL ... i don't have the lens here.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

66mm? I thought its lens size is 49mm or 52mm. There are some othions of Helios 44. Check this. Mike
http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/35mmsinglelensreflexcameras/lenses/index.htm


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
66mm? I thought its lens size is 49mm or 52mm. There are some othions of Helios 44. Check this. Mike
http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/35mmsinglelensreflexcameras/lenses/index.htm


sorry i made a typo, it is Helios-40.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
djmike wrote:
66mm? I thought its lens size is 49mm or 52mm. There are some othions of Helios 44. Check this. Mike
http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/35mmsinglelensreflexcameras/lenses/index.htm


sorry i made a typo, it is Helios-40.

NP. So you have answer from this site. There are M39 and M42 versions. Mike


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
66mm? I thought its lens size is 49mm or 52mm. There are some othions of Helios 44. Check this. Mike
http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/35mmsinglelensreflexcameras/lenses/index.htm


THANKS MIKE ...

It has the details for the Helios-40 ... it is 66x0.75!


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in ALex, I need that too!


PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could send you one of the filters if need be. If I get a chance tomorrow I will buy a guage and measure mine. Would love to have the step down ring you are making.