Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pictures of film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: pictures of film Reply with quote

I thought it may be interesting to collect some examples of developed film tints. Or maybe not Laughing

Top: Foma 400 120
Mid: Delta 100 120
Bot: Foma 400 35mm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I see what you mean now about the different tints to the two Ilford 400s. I wonder if required film thickness has something to do with this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting indeed. Maybe could be worth to indicate the date of purchase/production as further reference since manufacturers could change specifications without notice. More important the treatment also can affect coloration, see pyro and other staining developers so even this could be worth to indicate. In future if there'll be enough material a database could be created. I'm just thinking aloud...

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. FP4 & HP5 have a distinct purple tint.

Tri-X 35mm is the shiniest I've ever seen.

I've heard that Foma is a dust magnet. Is this true?