Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photokina 1956...loose pages...9 images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Photokina 1956...loose pages...9 images Reply with quote

I put them here as they are to do with all sorts of cameras and gear. Very Happy

Last edited by mo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moira. Some info is very useful to me. The #8 list of the optical diagram is a very good reference to me and for all people who love Rodenstock lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep watching as I have a lot of little bits and pieces,unfortunately most seem to have pages missing but what I have I will post.I have some service/repair manuals that I will photograph over time....I will probably put them in the repair section.

I am waiting for the camera to charge at the moment. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! That was the year I left school.

Mo, if you have more of these bits, do let's see them - please! And it would be good to know which magazines they come from.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I love this!! thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Wonderful! That was the year I left school.

Mo, if you have more of these bits, do let's see them - please! And it would be good to know which magazines they come from.

Sadly they are all loose pages pulled from magazines,I have these years 1952,1954,1956 and 1957 which is a magazine called 'Photography' from England based on the pound and the ads Laughing .I have only a few pages from each of these magazines plus their cover for that year.It's a bit of a jumble but that's how they came.

There is also a few random pages from an 'Australian photography' mag from the year 1970,1988 and a few random pages of what looks like American photographic ads with list prices of gear etc.

There is no real place for these on the forum, so I might as well keep them all here in the equipment gallery.Unless you can suggest somewhere better?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reading many thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Highly appreciated!
I wish I would have had the chance to go there in the 50s!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add a few loose pages to this thread then start another with the 1954 pages.

Please be aware some pages might not actually be from the magazine as I am going off of similar paper color between pages and if they are the same article etc....I am also going by the shape and size of the page.The pages themselves as you see have no magazine details on the bottom of the page like they do nowadays.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1956 Photography ...the order is front of the page then back of the page....and before you ask the Japanese nudes were not in amongst the pages Laughing
I can not find the old photos to replace these missing ones

Next pages the Cine supplement mentioned on the cover

Two more from I think this Magazine

Last edited by mo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many camera lenses, actually in my collection Smile nice to see them, in 1956 we had revolution only not cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love stuff like this. Interestingly in old magazines (photography or not) its the ads that can be the most interesting. I had shitloads of this stuff I bought from the 78 Record Exchange in Manchester in 1971/72. Located on Brown street near Withy Grove (roughly where the spiral car park entrance to the Arndale is now [for those that know Manchester]).